Monday, August 24, 2009

Blooms On My Mind

OK, so I have been planning for some professional development with my TRC (Technology Rich Classroom) grant teachers and one of the first things we are going to talk about is Bloom's and higher order questioning strategies. I have been racking my brain trying to find a cool way to review the Old Bloom's and introduce the New Bloom's and then there's Visual Bloom's, which brings in different Web2.0 tools to teach the different levels. I love how the creator took the tools that many of us are using and broke them into the levels, he prefaces that this visual is just a conversation starter and will probably change and morph as time goes on. I like that, it will be interesting to see how my TRC teachers react to it.

I think my plan of attack for this task will be to create a TrackStar (this is a tool provided by ALTEC that creates a very visual hotlist for the participants) for the teachers to go through and have them fill out their own mind map using whatever site they feel most comfortable with and just go from there. I hope they find it useful and walk away with several ideas for how to integrate Bloom's into their curriculum. I also hope that you've found some good resources for yourself and that you've had a chance to get reacquainted with a great way to teach.

Which resource do you find most helpful? Why?

No comments: