Monday, September 28, 2009

Limeades for Learning & Donors Choose

Limeades 4 Learning Logo

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Sonic drinks, especially their ice. It's just so crunchy...don't tell my dentist though. :) Anyway, the reason I am talking about Sonic is to make sure you are aware of their latest crusade, Limeades for Learning. Each time you go to Sonic and purchase a drink, you receive a code that allows you to go to Limeades for Learning and vote for a classroom in need. The teacher submitted a project where supplies were needed on the Donors Choose site with a description of the project that they want to do with the class as well as the equipment needed. The projects range from a classroom set of a certain novel to playground equipment to projectors and document cameras.

What I love about it is that Limeades for Learning and Donors Choose put the power in the hands of the giver and the receiver. Both groups win here, as do the people who love Sonic (like me). My mom always told me if you don't ask you'll never know, and this site proves that...so I am challenging you to think of a need in your classroom, maybe you just need glue sticks for each student or maybe you would love a listening center with iPod Shuffles and then get out there and ask for it! What's the worst that could happen?

No comments: